The VYUFDA and NSWYDA have agreed to offer each other’s members reciprocal membership without charging a subscription.
The conditions are:
1. NSW members wishing to compete in Victoria still need to apply for Interstate membership and be issued with a competition number;
2. Victorian members wishing to compete in NSW still need to apply for Temporary membership and have such applications accepted;
3. This applies to full fee-paying competition members only;
4. There is no guarantee of acceptance in either State and each State reserves the right to reject an application without giving reasons;
5. Anyone found to have misrepresented their status, [for example: not living within the “home” State or not being a current financial member, or being under suspension etc], will have their membership revoked and be subject to further disciplinary sanctions.
Queries should be directed to your “Home” State.
VYUFDA Treasurer – Bill Spiteri 0407 127 509 www.vyufda.com.au
NSWYDA Secretary – Felicity Nolan 0400 951 717 www.yarddogsnsw.com
The Committee has appointed David Walsh. David has filled the vacant position on the NW Zone.
We thank David for making himself available and wish them rewarding times as members of the Committee.
2018 Rural Bank – CopRice Series
On behalf of the VYUFDA, Rural Bank and CopRice, I invite members with Open/Improver dogs to participate in the 2018 Series.
The format has been altered, with the main change being the distribution of prizemoney throughout the Series.
The Series will be contested over four rounds
~ East Gippsland Field Days – 27 & 28 April
~ Bendigo Sheep & Wool Show – 19 – 22 July
~ Sheepvention – 6 & 7 August
~ Casterton – 10 & 11 November
The format is the score received in the 1st round of the Open class at each trial counts towards your overall Series score. Only your top 3 scores will count which means you either only need to compete in 3 rounds to be a series contender or your lowest score of four is not counted. This is particularly relevant this year as the Australian Championships are on the same weekend as Bairnsdale – an opportunity for those not going to WA to get a jump on those who are!
There is a 2-dog limit for the Series and the entry fee has been lowered from $100 to $50 per dog.
Series prizemoney will be paid to the top 10 scores in the first round of each Open event. This will be in addition to prizemoney paid by convenors to the finalists at each round. The prizemoney will be: 1st $150, 2nd $125, 3rd $100, 4th $95, 5th $90, 6th $85, 7th $80, 8th $75, 9th $70, 10th $65.
This money will be paid into your nominated bank account the week after each trial.
Overall top five placegetters will receive $500, $400, $300, $200, $100.
Every Series competitor will receive a bag of CopRice dog food.
If you have any questions please call me on 0429 901 232, otherwise I welcome your participation in the 2018 Rural Bank – CopRice Series by
1. paying $50 per dog into the VYUFDA a/c – bsb 633000 a/c 101277812; and
2. Emailing the names of your dogs to me at email@example.com
Please note entries close 2 April 2018 and I will accept entries from Interstate competitors.
The VYUFDA was proud to partner with our major sponsor Rural Bank for the 2017 the Rural Bank Field Days Series. With Round four now completed the final placing can be found below. A huge well done to every handler and dog.
Joe Spicer GoGetta Basil 270
Rod Cavill Tundabardi Roxy 259
Joe Spicer GoGetta Package 254
Rod Cavill Tundabardi Tess 236
Darryn Hannah Karaka Zinzan 232
Travis Scott Broken River Kev 231
Adam James Tundabardi Buster 182
Vincent Gedye Scoriochre Turbine 169
Phillip James Phileve Samie 155
Darryn Hannah Karaka Scout 144
Luke Twigg Hilton Park Chloe 142
Luke Twigg Hilton Park Stuart 138
Travis Scott Hiltons Pin 121
Phillip James Jacan Jenny 107
Richard Davies Idano Tex 90
Adam James Yarrabee Scout 90
Richard Davies Marabou Joe 68
Full Round by Round result can be found here: Rural Bank Field Day Series Final Placings 2017
THE 2017 Annual Meeting, held at Wallan on June 25th was attended by 35 members.
Election of Officers
President: Darryn Hannah Vice President: Vin Gedye
Secretary: Naomi White Treasurer: Bill Spiteri
Gippsland: Daryl Clancy, Robin Minter, Roberta Prince
South West: Joe Spicer, Damien Clifford, Luke Crouch
North West: Luke Twigg, Dwayne McKinnon, Ged Bibby
North East: Ian Bates, Roland Pell, James Fowler
Rod Cavill and Norm Severs declined nomination for any positions.
The Association traded at a loss of $3700 for the year. This, in part, was due to the Committee’s decision to provide greater financial support for State Championships and, due to unusual circumstances, there were four Championships in the financial year.
Decisions made by the meeting:
- The new constitution was not adopted as it failed to achieve the 75% threshold required to alter the constitution.
- The motion regarding unleashed dogs entering an Open/Improver course was not passed and Judges may use their discretion as to whether it is a requirement at each trial.
- Subscriptions and the affiliation fee were left the same as last year but convenors will be asked to pay the affiliation fee before entry forms are posted on the website.
- Honoraria were left unchanged for the President and Treasurer but increased for the Secretary.
The Committee met after the AGM and made the following decisions:
- Training days and Encourage trials are high on every Zone’s agenda for the next 12 months.
- The draft constitution will be further reviewed and submitted to members again.
- It will be recommended to members that the Association’s financial year be changed to the calendar year. If adopted, members will have January and February to pay subscriptions when there is traditionally little trialling activity, whereas the early season trials, place some pressure on the payment of subscriptions. It will also align our financial year with the State Championships, High Point Dog and the Encourage Awards.
- Zones will be encouraged to conduct “Farmer’s trials”, in an attempt to spread our influence throughout the farming community. These trials will focus more on stockmanship and dog work than some of the technical trialling rules.
- New members will be contacted by committee members to offer support and where appropriate, mentoring.
- Vin Gedye will draft a new information pack for convenors.
- The promotional flyer has been updated and is available by email for anyone wishing to use them.
- Joe Spicer is reviewing the competition rules and anyone with suggestions is invited to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Judge’s subcommittee comprising Rod Cavill, Norm Severs and Joe Spicer has been reappointed. Members wishing to nominate new judges must firstly obtain the agreement of the nominee and then arrange for another member to second the nomination. The subcommittee will be organising a training day in a central location, early next year. All judges will be invited to attend, as will any prospective judges.
- The website will be managed by Naomi White and Danny Ruben.