The Committee has appointed David Walsh. David has filled the vacant position on the NW Zone.
We thank David for making himself available and wish them rewarding times as members of the Committee.
THE 2017 Annual Meeting, held at Wallan on June 25th was attended by 35 members.
Election of Officers
President: Darryn Hannah Vice President: Vin Gedye
Secretary: Naomi White Treasurer: Bill Spiteri
Gippsland: Daryl Clancy, Robin Minter, Roberta Prince
South West: Joe Spicer, Damien Clifford, Luke Crouch
North West: Luke Twigg, Dwayne McKinnon, Ged Bibby
North East: Ian Bates, Roland Pell, James Fowler
Rod Cavill and Norm Severs declined nomination for any positions.
The Association traded at a loss of $3700 for the year. This, in part, was due to the Committee’s decision to provide greater financial support for State Championships and, due to unusual circumstances, there were four Championships in the financial year.
Decisions made by the meeting:
- The new constitution was not adopted as it failed to achieve the 75% threshold required to alter the constitution.
- The motion regarding unleashed dogs entering an Open/Improver course was not passed and Judges may use their discretion as to whether it is a requirement at each trial.
- Subscriptions and the affiliation fee were left the same as last year but convenors will be asked to pay the affiliation fee before entry forms are posted on the website.
- Honoraria were left unchanged for the President and Treasurer but increased for the Secretary.
The Committee met after the AGM and made the following decisions:
- Training days and Encourage trials are high on every Zone’s agenda for the next 12 months.
- The draft constitution will be further reviewed and submitted to members again.
- It will be recommended to members that the Association’s financial year be changed to the calendar year. If adopted, members will have January and February to pay subscriptions when there is traditionally little trialling activity, whereas the early season trials, place some pressure on the payment of subscriptions. It will also align our financial year with the State Championships, High Point Dog and the Encourage Awards.
- Zones will be encouraged to conduct “Farmer’s trials”, in an attempt to spread our influence throughout the farming community. These trials will focus more on stockmanship and dog work than some of the technical trialling rules.
- New members will be contacted by committee members to offer support and where appropriate, mentoring.
- Vin Gedye will draft a new information pack for convenors.
- The promotional flyer has been updated and is available by email for anyone wishing to use them.
- Joe Spicer is reviewing the competition rules and anyone with suggestions is invited to send them to email@example.com
- The Judge’s subcommittee comprising Rod Cavill, Norm Severs and Joe Spicer has been reappointed. Members wishing to nominate new judges must firstly obtain the agreement of the nominee and then arrange for another member to second the nomination. The subcommittee will be organising a training day in a central location, early next year. All judges will be invited to attend, as will any prospective judges.
- The website will be managed by Naomi White and Danny Ruben.