All competitors and judges participating in VYUFDA trials must be VYUFDA members.
There is a category of membership for interstate competitors and judges participating in trials in Victoria. Interstate people have the option of Full or Interstate membership.
An Interstate Member number will be issued and this process must be completed prior to entries being lodged.
Competitors who are full members of either NSWYDA, SAYDA or other state origination will not be charged a fee, BUT they must apply for Interstate membership and upon acceptance will be issued a competition number. Being a member of NSWYDA , SAYDA or any other state does not mean you will have your membership application accepted by the VYUFDA.
Interstate members will have the same constitutional rights as Supporting members and will not be eligible for awards such as High Point Dog of the Year.
Queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
As soon as your subscription has been processed, your membership number will be posted here
If you pay your membership through bank transfer, please send the Treasurer an email advising that you have paid and either post a hard copy or email a scanned copy of your signed membership form. You will not be considered a financial member until the Treasurer has received notification of direct credit and your membership/code of conduct form.
If you would like your membership number posted to you, please supply a stamped, self addressed envelope to the Treasurer.
Reciprocal Membership A number of our members also trial interstate, I thought it timely to provide an update on progress the committee has made in relation to arranging reciprocal membership with our association colleague’s interstate. We are pleased to announce Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia have agreed to reciprocal memberships without the need to incur additional fees or subscriptions.
How It will work: There are slightly different processes required by each state to avail yourself of the reciprocal memberships, the high-level process is detailed below;
Victoria: Visitors to Victoria must apply for an interstate membership and have that application accepted. They can do this utilising our membership application form selecting the membership area as “interstate”. Once accepted they will receive a Victorian membership number. Our membership form is available online on our website via the following link.
New South Wales: Similar to Victoria, visitors to New South Wales will be required to complete a temporary membership form and have that application accepted. The NSW temporary membership form is also available online on the NSW Yard Dog website via the following link
South Australia: Visitors to South Australia will be bound by its Code of Conduct by signing the trial entry form. Nothing further is required by South Australia at this point in time.
The above arrangements are only available to people with a current full membership in their home state. Each state reserves the right to accept or reject the application. Failure to provide accurate information in relation to an application will result in an application being rejected or the membership being terminated.
The VYUFDA and NSWYDA have agreed to offer each other’s members reciprocal membership without charging a subscription.
The conditions are:
1. NSW members wishing to compete in Victoria still need to apply for Interstate membership and be issued with a competition number;
2. Victorian members wishing to compete in NSW still need to apply for Temporary membership and have such applications accepted;
3. This applies to full fee-paying competition members only;
4. There is no guarantee of acceptance in either State and each State reserves the right to reject an application without giving reasons;
5. Anyone found to have misrepresented their status, [for example: not living within the “home” State or not being a current financial member, or being under suspension etc], will have their membership revoked and be subject to further disciplinary sanctions.
Queries should be directed to your “Home” State.
VYUFDA Treasurer – Tony Wiedermann www.vyufda.com.au
NSWYDA Secretary – Felicity Nolan 0400 951 717 www.yarddogsnsw.com
The VYUFDA and SA Yard Dog:
Victorian members wishing to component in SA need only complete the relevant Entry From.
Code of Conduct – A Guide to Acceptable Behaviour
Actions or behaviour which is considered “prejudicial to the interests of the association” will be dealt with under “Division 2, Disciplinary Action” of the Constitution. The Constitution may be viewed here
The following is an outline of inappropriate behaviour. This is not an exhaustive list and where relevant includes social media:
- Verbal and/or physical abuse of a person;
- Abuse of an animal by inflicting pain or wilfully causing distress;
- Unsportsmanlike conduct;
- Conducting oneself in a manner which could reasonably be interpreted as being under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst competing or representing the Association;
- Wearing inappropriate clothing or footwear whilst competing or representing the Association;
- Presenting a dog for competition which:
a) is in its 2nd trimester of pregnancy; or
b) has whelped within 6 weeks or less; or
c) is carrying an injury; or
d) is in such an unhealthy condition as to bring discredit to the sport.
If any member is unclear as to what may or may not constitute unacceptable behaviour, they should consult a Committee member.When you pay your membership and send in your membership/code of conduct form, you will receive a membership receipt number which must be included on all entry forms.